This happened yesterday while I was in WalMart.
- Male cashier with multiple tattoos (two of them are colored in with rainbow): How are you this evening?
- Me: Pretty good. Starving, obviously. How are you?
- Cashier: Not bad. I can't wait to get off my shift and get home to my boyfriend.
- Woman behind me: Wait, you're gay?
- Cashier: Yeah. . . ?
- Woman: That's a shame.
- Me: Why?
- Woman: He seemed like such a wonderful man, it's a shame he's gay.
- Cashier: Why is it a shame?
- Woman: It's wrong! It's immoral, it's dis-
- Me: Excuse me, but what's it to you if he's gay?
- Woman: It's offensive!
- Me: But how does it affect you?
- Woman: What?
- Me: Where exactly does it start to make sense that it affects you? A relationship is between 2 people, not 3.
- Woman: *sputters a bit, then leaves without her food*
- Cashier: . . . Wow, thank you.
- Me: Ignorant people are the reason I claim to be allergic to the human race.
Page 1 of 10
← Newer • Older →